This is one of my evergreens, and probably the most popular desert I ever made. Originally I posted it on my dutch website, already back in 2007. Now I decided to set up an international version, and the ‘melting pot’ is the first one I post here.
Ingredients for app. 10 portions:
– 200 grams of butter
– 400 grams of chocolate
– 4 egg yolks
– 4 whole eggs
– 8 tablespoons of sugar
– 12 tablespoons of baileys
– 4 tablespoons of almond powder (sometimes I also use coconut or hazelnut powder)
– app. 10 cake jars, butter and almond powder
– Melt the chocolate and the butter ‘au bain marie’
– Meanwhile prepare the jars with butter and almond powder.
– Mix the egg yolks and the eggs with the sugar to a foamy mixture
– Add 4 tablespoons of almond powder and 12 tablespoons of baileys and again mix very well.
– Add the chocolate-butter mixture and stir again very well.
– Fill the jars with the batter and put them aside.
You can prepare this well in advance.
– Preheat the oven to 225°C.
– Put the jars in the oven and let them bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops start to crack open.
– Serve with icecream.