Now that I reached 100 posts on my dutch recipe blog, I also want to translate some and add them to the english version.
This recipe comes from a book where all the recipes have maximum 6 ingredients. Surprising in this recipe is the combination of tomatoes and wodka in a main course. And not just a little bit of wodka, half a liter of wodka! You can make it with 0,5 liter, but I make it with 0,5 deciliter, which is more correct I guess.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
– 1,25 dl olive oil
– 10 plum tomatoes
– 450 grams penne
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 110 gram black olives
– 0,5 dl wodka
– 225 gram feta cheese
– boil the plum tomatoes for 1 minute, and then peel them. Cut them small and remove the seeds.
– crumble the feta cheese.
– cut the olives into small pieces.
– cut the garlic clove into fine pieces.
– heat a pan with tablespoons of olive oil.
– add half of the tomatoes and let them cook for 10-15 minutes. Add pepper and salt as you wish.
– Put the tomato sauce aside.
– Cook the penne al dente and put it aside as well.
– Now heat the pan again with the remaining olive oil.
– stir-fry the garlic for about 2 minutes and then add the remaining tomatoes.
– let them fry for 2 minutes and then add the wodka.
– add the tomato sauce and let it cook for 6-8 minutes, until the alcohol has evaporated.
– now add the penne, the olives and the feta cheese and stir well.
– when they have warmed up, you can serve immediately.