This is de first part of my Sylvester trilogy of this year. You can find the dutch version here.
Ingredients (for 4 persons):
– 200 gr smoked ham
– 1 shallot
– 1 clove garlic
– 1 sprig of rosemary
– 60 grams of cream
– 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
– 2 tablespoons dry sherry
– 1 sheet of gelatin (2 grams)
– olive oil
– Cayenne pepper
– 8 mini mozzarella balls
– A few leaves of basil
– Tomato tapenade
– Cut the smoked ham into strips.
– Cut the garlic and shallot coarse.
– Cut the rosemary into small pieces.
– Put the ham, rosemary, garlic and shallots in a food processor and mash them very fine.
– Add the mayonnaise to the mixture.
– Soak the gelatin in cold water.
– Warm sherry until it is lukewarm.
– Beat the cream until stiff.
– Dissolve the gelatin in the sherry.
– Mix the sherry and cream into the ham mixture.
– Add cayenne, salt and pepper to taste.
– Divide the mousse over 4 glasses and put at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
– Cut the mozzarella balls into two halves
– Top with the mozzarella, basil leaves, capers, tapenade and a droplet of olive oil.