Ingredients (4 to 6 serves):
– 600 ml freshly squeezed tangerine
– 250 ml white wine
– 1 vanilla pod
– 75 grams of white sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 2 teaspoons starch
– 1 pomegranate
– Remove the seeds of the pomegranate, and remove the bitter white skins of the seeds. This is by far the most difficult part of the recipe. After that, the kitchen and me were full of pomegranate juice.
– Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and remove the soft inner part.
– Add the wine, the sugar, the vanilla pod and the inner part of it into a saucepan. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
– Mix the starch with a littlebit of the tangerine juice and then add it to the wine mixture.
– Let it simmer again for a few minutes.
– Add the rest of the tangerine juice, mix everything well and let it cool down in the refrigerator.
– Remove the vanilla pod and add a bit of lemon juice.
– Pour into bowls and garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
You can serve it with a bit of ice or a sweet vanilla cookie.