I made this Indonesian dessert last week for the easter menu. Based on plantains and sweet potatoes in a think coconut sauce it is delicious. The original recipe is made of typical local ingredients, which weren’t available for me, so I made some “European” changes.
Ingredients (4 persons):
– 2 ripe plantains (or normal bananas if don’t have them available)
– 250 gr sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into cubes
– 200 gr dark brown sugar
– 600 ml water
– 400 ml coconut milk
– a packet of vanilla sugar
– some vanilla extract
– Peel the plantains and cut them into pieces of 1 cm.
– Add the brown sugar to the water and boil it.
– add the plantains and the sweet potatoes and cook ‘al dente’.
– add the coconut milk, the vanilla sugar and the vanilla extract, and let it simmer until the sauce is well bond.
You can serve it hot or cold.