Last weekend I was in asparagus. On Saturday the salad with strawberries, on Sunday a self made combination with salmon and star anise. The idea for the marinated salmon comes from a completely different recipe.
Ingredients (2 persons):
– 2 salmon steaks (about 150g each)
– 10 asparagus
– Cherry tomatoes
– Baked potatoes
– Star anise
– 20 grams of fresh ginger
– 20 ml of soy sauce
– 20ml oyster sauce
– 10 ml dry sherry or rice wine
– 2 star anise
– A clove of garlic
– Cut the ginger and garlic into fine pieces.
– Mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sherry and add the chopped herbs to it.
– Marinate the salmon steaks on all sides with the sauce.
– Pop the star anise in the sauce, cover it and put the salmon marinade for 4-6 hours in the refrigerator.
– Peel the potatoes, cut them into wedges and cook them.
– Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
– Peel the asparagus and cut its bottom pieces.
– Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
– Cook the asparagus for 10 minutes.
– Cook the potatoes with rosemary.
– Remove the salmon from the refrigerator, remove the ginger and garlic pieces, put the star anise on the salmon and wrap in aluminum foil.
– Bake the salmon for about 10 minutes in the oven. Then turn the oven off and let cook further in the film.
– Bake the tomatoes with the marinade
– Arrange all the plates and serve.
Since I didn’t work based on a recipe, the quantities are rather an indication. Actually I just messed around a bit, but the result tasted really very well 🙂