More or less by accident I created a potential Sylvestermenu today. It started with a recipe for roasted figs with chicory I saw. The combination watched my interest and I wanted to make it immediately. but as it is a side dish, I needed something to go along with it. Recently I made Hasselback potatoes, and that seemed a logical combination. Then I had to decide about meat: I was thinking about lamb or duck, it became duck.
Method for the duck:
- Prepare the duck by making incisions crosswise in the fatty part.
- Bake the duck first on the fat part until golden brown. Meanwhile season the other part with pepper and salt.
- When golden brown, turn the duck around, and bake on the other side until brown.
- Place the duck in a preheated oven of 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Then wrap the duck into tinfoil and let it rest for another 10 minutes.